Product Manager, GPBM Nordic – Business Unit Industry
Do you want to be part of a strong entrepreneurial and growing company in an expansive area of business? Do you love challenging product boundaries in a fast paced and agile environment? Do you have a solid technical education / experience and enjoy having a central role in customer projects? If the answer is YES, then this may be the role for you!
Product Manager, GPBM Nordic - Business Unit Industry
We are entrepreneurs, always looking forward, trying to understand the trends and predict future market needs within batteries, systems, and solutions. This Product Manager role within GPBM BU Industry is therefore a central and critical role for the BU's future success. You will work from our HQ in Mölndal and report to the BU Manager, located in France. The position is to be appointed as soon as possible.
The market for GPBM Nordic's industrial division is growing rapidly as more and more products and applications need customized battery solutions. GPBM is now seeking a Product Manager whose main mission will be to manage and strengthen the divisions product portfolio for multiple markets, throughout their full life cycle, including product strategy, customer/market requirements analysis, and pricing. Close interaction with engineering, manufacturing and sales is crucial in order to optimize business performance of the product lines.
Responsibilities and main tasks:
- Overall portfolio management for the assigned product lines, throughout the product life cycle, including sourcing and development of new lines.
- Define product plans, including critical features, price targets, profit, return on investment (ROI), competitive strength and value delivery.
- Assess the profitability of product concepts and customization requests to meet global market, finance, and technology goals.
- Manage engineering priorities for assigned product lines assuring alignment of engineering efforts with business goals and customer requirements.
- Lead negotiations and secure reliable production forecasts.
- Coordinate regular forecasting and demand analysis with Sales.
- Report P&L performance of assigned product lines.
- Interact and develop the relations with partners and third-party integrators connected to the product lines.
- Interact with Sales, Research and Development, Customer support, Operations, Marketing, Quality, and other partners to ensure new offerings meet technical specifications, cost targets, delivery commitments, and achieve customer adoptions.
- Together with Corporate Marketing drive positioning, content and launch activities.
- Monitor global market trends for new opportunities and refine understanding of customer needs in target markets through research and customer visits.
- Actively assist in the BU’s business planning, product, and marketing strategies.
Personal qualities we believe characterize you:
- A personable, enthusiastic, and engaging personality with ability to motivate and lead others in matrix set ups.
- Business savviness and strong negotiation skills.
- Entrepreneurial and visionary mindset with ability to sell the idea, start up and run projects.
- Communicative and able to speak comprehensibly, enthusiastically, and convincingly at all levels.
- Responsible, driven, structured, accurate and analytical.
- Ability to set requirements, prioritize and be flexible.
- Self-driven team player who takes the initiative.
Essential skills and experiences needed for you to be successful in this role:
- Worked in similar Product Manager positions towards international technical OEM industries (battery technology is a plus otherwise electronics / IoT / mechatronics).
- Several years of project management experience covering everything from planning to writing requirements and specifications to leading others and allocating acquired knowledge.
- Financial understanding in regards of life cycle analysis, ROI, budget creation, and P&L.
- Sourcing of international suppliers and collaborations with third-party suppliers, preferable within battery technology.
- Experience of cooperation with international suppliers/customers, preferably Asian and European countries.
- Master of Science in Electronics, Mechatronics, Product development or similar and/or Master of Business management and/or Marketing.
- Advanced English level is required, both written and spoken.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
What GPBM Nordic can offer you?
GPBM Nordic - Business Unit Industry is a dynamic and exciting team who today stands for the greater part of the groups revenue. During the five last years, the BU has multiplied the turnover by three times. This thanks to the mix of increased market demand for energy and battery solutions, their capacity to adapt to the customers’ needs, their mindset, and their great team spirit. They are explorer and still sees many opportunities of growth in term of new products categories, market segments, developments, customers. Being part of this continuous journey fits you who wants to develop in entrepreneurial and growing company where the sky is the limit.
About GPBM Nordic
With over 30 years of experience in the design, marketing, and sales of products in the areas of batteries and charging equipment, lighting and fire safety products, we have gained a strong position in both the consumer and industrial markets. We work with consumer brands such as GP Batteries, GP Lighting, Housegard and Firephant as well as an attractive portfolio of well-known industrial manufacturers such as GP Batteries, Ultralife and XENO Energy among others. GPBM Nordic is part of the Cebon Group which operates in the Nordic countries, France and Italy. Head office and central warehouse are located in Mölndal, Sweden. We are about 110 employees who operates under the core values: Development, Commitment and Responsibility. Yearly turnover of approximately 55 million Euro. For more info, please visit www.gpbmfrance.fr, www.gpbmnordic.se or www.gpbmindustry.com.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter in English.
Apply as soon as you can! For more information about the position please contact Anette Norling, Recruitment Consultant at Vega HR AB:
Sista ansökningsdag var mars 31, 2021.